Welcome to the tricks page! Here you can view the CMD tricks and tips we have recorded. (6 added so far!) Tricks:
1) Open CMD if blocked by admins.
2) Change the text colour (or color) of the text in the CMD.
3) Change the password of anyone on the Network/server.
4) How to shutdown any computer that you know the IP adress of.
5) Use CMD to get past blocked websites. (and/or shutdown websites without firewalls!)
6) WATCH STAR WARS! ON CMD!
Here are some ideas as how to open the cmd when you have it blocked. I cannot know if they work in your system just because you might have already blocked this features or not;
1)- Open the calculator and click on help > help topics. When the help window opens right next to where it says 'Calculator' (top left corner) there is a ' ? ' symbol , right click on it and select jump to URL and put this;
and then click open. Magic the cmd opens automatically.
If your calculator is blocked you can do the same in any of the Windows XP games;
1) Free Cell.
3) Internet Backgammon.
4) " " Checkers.
5) " " Hearts.
6) " " Reversi.
7) " " Spades.
11) Spider Solitaire.
I have tested it in all of them and it works. But I REPEAT THIS;
YOUR ADMINISTRATOR MIGHT BE AWARE OF THAT AND IT MIGHT NOT WORK ( not trying to yell to anybody just make it more clear )
2.- Using the same text as above ; file:///c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe
You can open Excel and create a HYPERLINK with the this text, click OK and then click in the link in the excel cell. Click OK in both windows that will pop up and the command prompt will open.
This thing only works with Microsoft Office, i have test it with Openoffice and it does not work. EDIT: To open the CMD normally, just go to: Start>All Programs>Acessories>Command prompt.
Posted on: 25/22/08. Trick by: Mopargeek. (Non-Member). (Unavalible as a download at current)
Open Command Prompt. (See “Open CMD”)
Then you should get a window like this:
You should get a list of numbers and letters. Find the number or letter and then type e.g.; “color 1” to change the color to Dark blue . EDIT: You can also change the Backround of command prompt.
All you need to do is type in "color" then two numbers. The first will correspond to the colour of your text and the second will correspond to your backround.
This tip works on any type of CMD.
Posted on: 25/11/08. Trick by: Joey (Admin). Download this tip as: .doc (Edited on: 7/12/08 by Ben (Admin)).
Here is a trick that i learnt for the CMD:
1) Type in "Net user"
2)This should come up with all the users on the system.
3) Choose the person you want to change the password of.
4) Type in "Net user <the person you want to change the password of>" and then the new password eg:
"net user ben password456" (This will then change the password to "password456")
Ok, hope you find it useful,
Posted on: 5/12/08. Trick by Ben (Admin). (Unavalible as a download at current)
2) Type in "shutdown -i" and press enter. This will bring up a window that looks like this:
3) Click on "add".
4) Type in the IP adress of the computer you want to shut down and adjust the options:
a)Whether to Shutdown, restart, or just Log out
b)Whether to warn user that his/her computer is going to take this action.
c)How long to give him/her to do something about it.
d)Whether to give a reason that his/her's computer is going to take this action.
e)Whether to add a comment for the user. (eg "HAH YOUR SCREWED !!", Or whatever.)
5) Click OK!
(The window might show as "not responding" while it is sending the message. THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL ACTUALLY NOT WORK.)
Posted on: 6/12/08 by Ben. (Admin). (Unavailible as a download at current)
1) Open CMD
2) Type in "tracert <NAME OF WEBSITE>" (eg "tracert www.youtube.com")
3) CMD will trace the site and eventually come up with the website IP adress at the bottom of the screen:
4) Open Internet Explorer or Mozilla firefox. (It will not work on some internet browsers)
5)Type in the IP adress of the site in the adress bar at the top of the window.
TADA! Your website will load up EVEN IF there is a block on it!
Posted on: 6/11/08 by Ben (Admin). (Unavilible as a download at current)
Yes, this is REAL!!
1) Type in "telnet" and press enter.
2) Type in "o" and press enter.
3) Type in "towel.blinkenlights.nl" and press enter.
Done. This will start CMD playing Star Wars PURELY IN TEXT!!
Posted on 6/11/08 by Ben (Admin). (Unavlible as a download at currnt)